MTTA Operations Plan for 2020-2021
- Trails to be opened for public use. Trail grooming and road plowing begins on December 1, 2020.
- All huts to be closed to public access (applies to both day use and overnight).
- Bathrooms to remain open. Ski patrol will clean bathrooms weekly
- Office closed to public access.
- Limited ski patrol may be present on the trails. We’re plan for & anticipate SP presence, but it will be more limited this year than previous seasons. Please exercise increased caution this year and carry the 10 Essentials with you at all times.
October 5: Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, MTTA closed the huts for day and overnight use starting on March 20, 2020. All parties with overnight reservations have been issued full refunds. The access roads and trail system are open for day use only; however, the huts will remain closed until further notice. Our reservation page is offline and no gala is planned for this Fall. We will continue to update this post with relevant developments.
Our trails and huts are in a wilderness setting. Both day and overnight visitors need to be self reliant. More details on what to expect can be found on our FAQpage.
Weather conditions and forecast by the National Weather Service can be viewed here for: North District/Copper Creek Hutand South District/High Hut, Snow Bowl Hut and Yurt. Mountain weather and avalanche forecasts are available at NWAC.
Trail conditions and sno parks in use: volunteers post current updates on the MTTA Twitter account.
Board Meetings – Every 2nd Saturday in November, January, & April
The November 14th board meeting will be at 10am with limited in person attendance and available remotely.